Report of shots fired on Northside turned out to be false
Yesterday, police responded to a report of shots fired in a home along the 1600 block of 23 Street North.
Police and K9 attended and secured the home until it could be cleared. An investigation later revealed no shots had been fired and the complainant was possibly suffering from a mental illness.
In an unrelated incident, around 2:00 yesterday morning, a male walking in the downtown area was attempting to locate a cab when he was attacked from behind by an unknown male. The victim was struck on the head with an object. While fleeing, the victim caught a glimpse of his attacker, who he described as a male with a brush cut on the sides of his head. The victim suffered a laceration to the top of his head.
Anyone with information regarding this incident should contact police at 403.328.4444 or Crime Stoppers at 1.800.222.TIPS.
The following incidents all took place sometime overnight July 15.
- A vehicle parked along the 3500 block of Forestry Avenue South was egged.
- Loose change and prescription eyeglasses were stolen from a vehicle parked along the 900 block of 12A Street South.
- A black and green Brodie and red and black bicycle were stolen from the 2500 block of 16 Avenue South.
- The windshield on a vehicle parked along the 200 block of McMaster Boulevard West was smashed.
- Sometime between 15:30 and 16:30 on July 15, the windows on a van parked along the 2100 block of 17 Avenue South were smashed.
The following incidents all took place overnight July 16.
- Someone entered a garage on Edgewood Boulevard West after the door had been left partially open to help cool it off. A Dell laptop, 24 cans of Molson Canadian beer, and $10 in cash were stolen.
- Loose change, keys and an iPod were stolen from a vehicle parked along the 1600 block of Lakeshore Road South.
- An Acer laptop, Canon digital camera, binoculars, blue raincoat, and loose change were stolen from an unlocked vehicle parked along the 1200 block of 22 Street South.
- A billfold, which has since been recovered, and loose change was stolen from an unlocked vehicle along the 1000 block of 27 Street South.
- The passenger window on a vehicle parked alongn the 3200 block of 6A Avenue South was damaged. A wallet was then stolen.
- Sunglasses, an MP3 player and loose change were stolen from a vehicle parked along the 2200 block of 40 Street South.