Police asking people not to leave pets inside vehicles on hot days; several vehicle break-ins
Lethbridge Regional Police wish to remind the public not to leave pets unattended inside vehicles on hot days. In the summer, vehicles can heat up very quickly and an animal left inside is at risk for heatstroke and death.
Police also report the following incidents took place over the last few days:
- Solar lights were stolen from a home along the 300 block of Lettice Perry Road North sometime overnight July 25.
- Sometime between 13:00 and 17:55 on July 27, the front light fixture on a home along the 2700 block of 9 Avenue North was broke off and left hanging from the wall.
- Sometime overnight July 27, cash and a pair of sunglasses were stolen from an unlocked truck parked along the 2200 block of 41 Street South.
- Sometime between midnight and 10:30 on July 28, two wallets were stolen from a vehicle along the 2000 block of 37 Street South.
- The front passenger tire on a car parked at 3 Avenue and 13 Street South was slashed sometime overnight July 28.
- Sometime between 3:00 and 13:25 on July 29, the back window of a vehicle parked along the 100 block of Jerry Potts Boulevard West was smashed and the passenger mirror knocked off.
- Two motorcycle helmets were stolen from a motorcycle parked at a restaurant along the 900 block of 2 Avenue South sometime between 20:00 and 20:45 on July 29.
- Cash, tools, an iPod adaptor, FM transmitter, and sunglasses were stolen from a vehicle parked along Laval Road West.
- Around 23:15 on July 29, a rock was thrown at a vehicle exiting eastbound Whoop Up Drive onto University Drive.
- The driver’s side window on a vehicle parked along the 400 block of Columbia Boulevard West was smashed sometime overnight July 29.
- A black, cast iron arbour was stolen from a home along the 1600 block of 6 Avenue North sometime overnight July 29.
- Two young trees along Couleecreek Boulevard West were damaged sometime overnight July 29.
On August 1, Police reported a black Garmin GPS and around $20.00 in change was stolen from an unlocked Vehicle parked in an alley in the 800 block of 14 Street South. It was not stated when this took place.